Thursday, August 02, 2012

Welcome to The Epicurious Cooking School

http://cookingschool.epicurious.com/
Really looking into giving this a try. They offer one free class out of and 8 class course. The whole course is only $49! I know it's not culinary school, but it does look like a step in the right direction.

18 comments:

  1. GO for it! You have absolutely nothing to lose, and every step (no matter how small it may seem) is a step closer to the end goal. DO IT.


    I have spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please, please DO THIS! You want culinary school so much, and even though this is something small, at least it's something! Do it! Doooo iiiiittttt!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I hope he wasn't expecting any of us to try to talk him OUT of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna do it. I'm taking the free class first. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dooooing iiiiiit... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. go for it, a small investment to learn more about what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cooked all my life and love it this sounds great;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cook a lot. I love it in fact. Learning professional techniques and recipes would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go for it Duckie!

    It's like I told my son. He was given a chance to work in a modern blacksmith shop that uses a lot of more modern techniques and metals. His dream is to be a traditional blacksmith. I told him to go for it. He will learn things there that will help him toward his dream, even if they aren't the exact route he wanted to take. He's doing an apprenticeship now and loving it.

    Sometimes we have to take a round-about route to our dreams. The direct route would be nice, but easy. And when is life ever easy?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you watched Julie & Julia?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the movie. My daughter bought Mastering the Art of French Cooking after I watched it. Love that book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. u should do it, im sure it will be fun...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm thinking about doing that with some of my diet cookbooks. Probably not doing blogs about it, just cooking through them. But I try to cook what is in season and what is best to eat in that season so I tend to jump around my books. But I do mark what I've tried with an up or down arrow, to indicate if we liked it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your like me liz, i try to eat what is fresh and in season...one day when i open my own restaurant, my menu will change depending on what is in season

    ReplyDelete
  15. I try to do that too... with kids, and working it's a bit harder. When I find good, fresh in the store, I'm more likely to use those items, versus trucked in... I love locally grown, and being in Ohio is a great advantage as being a very rural and agricultural state provides so much fresh veggies. I love our local farmer's markets... I got some 'maters from Linda's dad too... he has his own garden. Oh, they're gorgeous!

    I think it'll be fun too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like to grow my own stuff, but gardening is so hard down here. Right now the gardens are pretty much dead from the summer heat. We have to do a spring and fall and winter garden, and hope our winters aren't too harsh.

    ReplyDelete