Friday, August 17, 2012

Banana Bread

I made banana bread. OMG, I've never made banana bread from scratch, and certainly not with the ingredients to make it healthier for us.

Linda had some over ripened bananas and was going to put them on the compost heap... I thought otherwise. :D



3 bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour (it's a rice flour mixture - three different flours that normally have to be bought and mixed separately)
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter (it's just better than that margarine crap)
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix the sugars and softened butter until smooth. Add the eggs and beat until mixed. Add the bananas and flour, stir to mix (don't over mix, as it will break the bananas down further). Add the baking soda and salt, stir until combined.

Pour the mixture into a greased (baking Pam) 9x5 loaf pan.

Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a poker (toothpick) comes out clean.

Remove from pan, serve warm or cooled.

6 comments:

  1. OMIGOD!! I got out of the bath just in time for supper! :D

    Thanks for posting the recipe Duckie. It looks nom nom nom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks divine! And I know what I'm getting you for Christmas now! Not gonna tell you though. But reading that made it click.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, had to edit, as I forgot to add the flour and bananas... kind of an important step in a recipe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making it again tonight, only with an unbleached, white whole wheat flour, and a tsp of vanilla.

    ReplyDelete