Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Almost two years ago...

I quit smoking:

Congratulations! You are giving up smoking!

The average smoker will smoke one and a half packs per day (Source KnowSmoking) at $6.50 per day (source Times Record) Each cigarette takes 11 minutes off your life (Source BBC)

Estimates

See how much you would have saved if you quit One year ago |  Six months ago |  One month ago |  Two weeks ago |  Last week |  Yesterday

Or enter your own date
    
  • Time smoke free : 715 days, 12 hours, 22 minutes, 1323 seconds
  • Cigarettes NOT smoked : 21465.9177083
  • Lifetime saved : 163.975760272 days
  • Money saved : $6,976.42


Milestones

20 Minutes Blood pressure drops to a level close to that before the last cigarette.
Temperature of hands and feet increases to normal.
8 hours Carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal.
Oxygen level in blood increases to normal.
24 Hours Chance of heart attack decreases.
48 Hours Nerve endings in the mouth and nose start to re-grow.
Ability to taste and smell improves.
72 Hours Bronchial tubes relax, making breathing easier.
Lung capacity increases.
2 weeks to 3 months Circulation improves.
Walking becomes easier.
Lung function increases up to 30%.
1 to 9 Months Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, shortness of breath decrease.
Cilia regain normal function in lungs, increasing ability to handle mucus, clean the lungs, reduce infection.
Body's overall energy level increases.
1 year Excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker�s.

21 comments:

  1. awesome..fantastic calulator too...sooo proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Duckie! Keep on keeping on! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you!!!! Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never smoked a single cig in my whole life got in plenty of fights as school cos I would not start LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. STANDING OVATION ....you are my rockstar .....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and you too ....dude u rock !!!

    you know baz...i come across this so much in the military circles....when guys say....c,mon ...stop being a wimp....be a man...have a drink....a cig....and i fell in love with the guy who replied and said...i dont need a drink in my hand to prove that i am a man.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOPs forgot to say congrats lol;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. and i typed a comment to you but multiply messed it up...

    it said that you dude are also a rockstar....:)
    you know i see this so much in the military circles...guys saying...go on, take a drink...here's a cig...stop being a wimp..be a man...,...and then one day a guy said.....i dont need a drink in my hand to prove that i am a man....and i knew , when he asked me to marry him...i was gonna say yes....and i did....:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very proud of you Ducky!!!

    PS...How did she like the islands?? What did you and I get???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm proud of you! It's a hard thing to quit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Duckling! you are the man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was easy... Get scared enough anyone can do it. :-)

    Thank you though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a HUGE accomplishment, you should be so proud of yourself!

    was wondering what page it is that provides you with this information ducky?

    ReplyDelete
  14. can you imagine if you put that cash in a jar!!?? awesome and congratulations....
    I would love to 'prod' my son on this.... but I know it doesn't work that way....sigh...

    I too, have never smoked even 'one' of the legal stuff... lol....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Duckie! I'm proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jan 25, 2001 was my quit date

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI DUCKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Duckie! I read yesterday that quitting smoking is harder than quitting heroin. So, you're one heck of a strong guy. I hope my husband is someday able to quit for good.

    ReplyDelete