Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My days...

Have I ever mentioned how kids irritate me? I don't like children, and I like parents that can't wrangle their heathens even less. I feel that if I get run into by your wailing child I get a free kick. Keep a hold of your ball of snot, and I won't attempt a PAT... (I appreciate places that don't like pissy kids as well... this was in a deli in downtown Lancaster... I want that sign!)

I may as well consider today MY Friday. I have to work my ass off to get things done today, as I won't be back in the office until next Tuesday... It didn't start off too well though.

I had a horrible headache start last night, and couldn't get to sleep... I've been worrying about some things that I can do very little about, but need to figure out how to work around them... it keeps me up.

Soooo... I did get to sleep, but then overslept. Didn't get in until 9:30 this morning. I have payroll to process today, and so that puts me behind considerably. (I'm waiting for the process to complete now, so not to worry...)

I'm going to a meeting for our payroll/HR software tomorrow in Columbus. That's an all day thing. I have to be here at the office by 7:30, so no oversleeping for me. That's my last day of work (if you can call it that), as I'm taking Friday off, and Monday is the holiday.

Linda and I are going to visit with some friends of hers that are coming down from Michigan. We're going to Wooster... what the hell is in Wooster?? I honestly don't know. I do know it's 20 miles or so from Canton - can we say "Football Hall of Fame"? I think that's it... If it's not too much of a stretch I'd like to try to make it up to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. That'd be cool. Otherwise it's Wooster. They have cheese... it can't be all bad. :D

Ok, I'm back to work now. People don't pay themselves.

Have a beautiful day, my beautiful people!

38 comments:

  1. Awww shucks Duck. Worry will make your hair fall out. Hope things get a bit better and I'm right beside you about the uncontrolled kids. Makes me absolutely insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now...sounds like a bundle of fun over there! Wooster has cheese....that's cool. Sorry about the kids thing....I have 3 hellions of my own and my brother used to say the same thing about my kids.......now he has 2 of his own which are by far WORSE than mine ever were!!!! Payback is soooooo cool!

    But Hey....you have yourself and GREAT time and look at it this way...things can only go up from here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, but don't forget those snotty kids are the next generation, and one of them will be wiping your ass when you are in a nursing home. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cheese is always good! and conversation and wine.... if you get to go to the HOF you'll have an awesome time, but plan to spend most of the day!
    keep the stress down and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's awful to say I guess...but...I like MY kids...you know...cause they are mine. I can tolerate their meltdowns getting on my last nerve because they are mine. My nerves however...are just not wired to accept the meltdowns of...well...strangers. The same goes for dogs. I love MY little dog. That does not mean that I enjoy your dog(s) in my yard...spreading my trash because you don't feed or control your animals.

    I went to sleep with the beginnings of a migraine last night. Silly me...did not make myself get up and take that little miracle pill. In turn...I woke up with a full blown turn out all the lights and shut off every sound in the world raging knife in my right eye migraine. I managed the two steps to the dresser and took the miracle pill. Two steps. If only I had of taken those few steps last night...

    If only...right?

    The pain is now gone...along with the drama that brought it on. Stress and Drama...the two things that none of us need in our lives...and yet...most times...it seems so unavoidable...until we finally realize...that...it is.

    Look at me...Reply...:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's kinda what I meant to say... :D

    I don't like OTHER PEOPLES KIDS...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes... look at you. :D

    I wish what brought mine on were drama... I can usually ignore that easily enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, Mo, it'll be a great, relaxing getaway... hopefully beautiful weather, top down on the Jeep... I'll get some awesome pictures of the gorgeous countryside too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have three of my own snotty kids to do that... although... I know my kids, and I fear the day when THEY are to take care of me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know if Wooster has cheese, but it's smack in the middle of Amish country... Amish make wonderful cheese!!

    I have three kids of my own. They were all very good... the occasional meltdown, but it was never "allowed". That kind of behavior was certainly not tolerated and they were immediately "attended to" (ie, duct taped to a wall).

    ReplyDelete
  11. They won't take care of you--they get to pick your nursing home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ain't gonna ever get old... nope.

    'Sides, the plan is... keep me in the comfort I'm accustomed to. They need to get on the ball and pick well paying careers... I plan on living it up in my golden years... :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I dont mind little snotty kids..its the big ones (having babies themselves) that really pee me off..oh well...enjoy Wooster lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. hack hack cough cough sneeze moan

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you on the kid thing. Sometimes I just want to take people's kids over my knee.
    And then their parents after that

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oversleeping is not good lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oversleeping is not good lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oversleeping is not good lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy your weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  20. UGH!! Duck, you're as bad as me - lying awake obsessing about things I can do little or nothing about. Thankfully, in my old age, I don't do it nearly as often as I used to.

    Oversleeping is not good lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! And have a great time on your trip - we'll be waiting for your beautiful photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wooster has my niece and her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm not crazy about other peoples' kids either. For some reason, there is a lack of discipline these days. My kids knew better than to act out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very much a lack of discipline. I don't fault the kids (mostly), but the parents who think they're doing the "right thing" by using timeout techniques for EVERYTHING. If that's the worst thing the kid is ever going to know... They no longer fear the repercussions of a wrong doings.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Time out is better than..."Now, Johnny, you know that wasn't nice. Mommy doesn't like when you do that. Please stop." And then ignore the kid for 30 more minutes....

    ReplyDelete
  26. Still not as good as, "Johnny, you know you'll get your ass whooped if you keep doing that".

    ReplyDelete
  27. yep, my kids knew to fear the ass-whoopin'. People to this day tell me how well-behaved and polite my children are.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Still not as good as, "Johnny, you know you'll get your ass whooped if you keep doing that".



    AMEN!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Now you have motivation to finish up.. Have a wonderful break. Make Wooster fun. Take pics, of course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hate snot nosed children that are out of control...especially in public! Lately there have been a LOT of those at my work. I hate hearing the same kid screaming at their parents for an hour as their parents do nothing about it and carry on with their shopping like nothing is wrong! UGH!

    I hope you have a fantastic weekend get away! Hugssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  31. ummm...yup....i remember several occasions on which we decided to put our sets up for sale on ebay...u can sell parents and in laws too....

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh, really? Hmmm, can we mix and match? Maybe sell ex-wives too?

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm with you on the kids thing. Mine are grown - I served my time. Have a great weekend. Sounds like you need a good getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am so going to get shipped to a foreign country, so that leaves the boys to take care of you..... >:D

    ReplyDelete
  35. You won't be in a foreign country forevevah!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. And you'll need dad to send you care packages, so you better be nice to him.

    ReplyDelete