Sunday, March 04, 2012

Next Shot - Wide Angle

So, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get anything that fit this theme, when I realized tonight that it doesn't have to be of landscaping, or cityscaping... just - wide angled.

I love fresh ice, just after the zamboni clears away, and it's pristine and sparkly, waiting for the cutting blades of speeding steel to tear it apart again.


18 comments:

  1. Just passing thru at the moment. Purdy shot and I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot, love the low angle and deep perspective this gives the shot. The diagonal view gives a real sense of space, the overall "whiteness" of the shot adds to the hard iciness of the location. Thanks for contributing this week;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is...a skating rink ?
    yes....i do like the sense of depth this picture gives....what was the focal length used duckie....?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really well captured for this theme and something a little different too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very well done, love the light reflections, good thinking on the theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice, Duckie! That new camera is working it's magic already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Focal length is 18mm, using an 18-55mm lens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brrrrrrr! Where's my coat? Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a great wide angle shot...good clarity too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice depth shot Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a nice to look at and an excellent wideangled photo. With you being the duck of course and it an ice rink you got me thinking of themighty ducks!!! I can see why you like to look at pristine ice!
    http://cleaunz.multiply.com/journal/item/255/NEXT_SHOT_WEEK_2_-----TECHNIQUE-_wide_angle_shots_THEME--landscapes_

    ReplyDelete