Hey ducks, my 2nd ex wife worked for a non profit foundation and they had programs that helped people who were in need of temp assistance for such as getting car repairs paid for, you should look into that.........
It never seems to stop, does it. We have a Saturn Vue like that. Yet another $780 going into it this week, bringing the grand total for one year to $4160. <
It's 11 years old. It's paid off, so really what I'm putting into it doesn't even come close to what I was paying every year. I can't afford to get a new car with a payment. Don't want a payment.
Many of the problems I've had weren't quite the issues they were originally made out to be. Last year I was told that I needed an entire front end overhaul. Turns out my tires were out if balance. Needed new tires. The biggest thing recently other than this clutch thing was the windshield wipers not working. Shit happens.
Oh yeah. The $1,500 I just spent on new tires was only 3 months car payments. Much better than 12 of them. Mine has been paid off since 2008 and I hope to have it for another 10 years.
I am liking my "Jewel".. She's been used, but she still sparkles in my eyes. Of course she currently needs and oil change and some tires, but she is waiting patiently and getting me to the job interviews. I think she knows... LOL
Awwwwwww I'm sorry sweetie! Just when you thought things were getting easier financially *sighs* Tell the mudslut you love her anyways and remember you always find a way and you will this time as well! Loves and Hugs Sweetie!
momo, look to junkyards because they sell the tires off cars that have the full tread still on them and were not damaged for maybe 50 to 80 dollars for the entire set
Oh no!! Sorry Duckie!!! Hugs
ReplyDeleteHey ducks, my 2nd ex wife worked for a non profit foundation and they had programs that helped
ReplyDeletepeople who were in need of temp assistance for such as getting car repairs paid for, you should look into that.........
Oh crap. I think it's time for a new car Duckie. That thing has been a bit of a pain lately.
ReplyDeleteOh heck Duckie that's a bummer.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the amount of money you have poured into that thing in what little time I have known you. It's been a -lot- if you think about it.
ReplyDeleteIt never seems to stop, does it. We have a Saturn Vue like that. Yet another $780 going into it this week, bringing the grand total for one year to $4160. <
ReplyDeleteWell, that sucks!! You've had a LOT of trouble with that thing, haven't you? Sorry to hear it's being a pain again!
ReplyDeleteIt's 11 years old. It's paid off, so really what I'm putting into it doesn't even come close to what I was paying every year. I can't afford to get a new car with a payment. Don't want a payment.
ReplyDeleteUnderstand that...I'm on the last payment and its tiny!! I'm so excited to be payment free!!
ReplyDeleteMany of the problems I've had weren't quite the issues they were originally made out to be. Last year I was told that I needed an entire front end overhaul. Turns out my tires were out if balance. Needed new tires. The biggest thing recently other than this clutch thing was the windshield wipers not working. Shit happens.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah. The $1,500 I just spent on new tires was only 3 months car payments. Much better than 12 of them. Mine has been paid off since 2008 and I hope to have it for another 10 years.
ReplyDeletebesides...it's JEEP!!
ReplyDeleteI am liking my "Jewel".. She's been used, but she still sparkles in my eyes. Of course she currently needs and oil change and some tires, but she is waiting patiently and getting me to the job interviews. I think she knows... LOL
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwww I'm sorry sweetie! Just when you thought things were getting easier financially *sighs* Tell the mudslut you love her anyways and remember you always find a way and you will this time as well! Loves and Hugs Sweetie!
ReplyDeletewe all need more maintenance as we age...even Mudsluts :)
ReplyDeleteDude, it's the LAW that you can't get ahead, dinna ye get the memo? Sigh, I'm sorry about the Slutclutch.
ReplyDeletemomo, look to junkyards because they sell the tires off cars that have the full tread
ReplyDeletestill on them and were not damaged for maybe 50 to 80 dollars for the entire set