Thursday, March 08, 2012

Next Shot - Black and White: Water

Ok, so it was raining today... I should have been able to get a water shot somewhere. And yet, the shot I like best was actually at the water fountain. :D

You'd be surprised at just how difficult it is to get a shot of water from a fountain. The focus wants to be on something other than the stream of water. I switched to a manual focus for this one.



The next one I did get outside, and it's a bit odd. I call it, Water Under Glass



There are these landscape ground lights outside our office, supposed to light the sign on the brick entrance way (it doesn't work at the moment). There's water inside the light fixture... I thought it was kinda cool.

And lastly... how could I possibly get away without this "next shot"?



Like a Duck to water... I couldn't resist playing in the puddles. :D

Thanks for checking things out. :D

27 comments:

  1. Great set Duckie....

    I still need to do this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are all great! last one is too cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Moni... I wasn't sure if I was gonna get this one... I kept thinking water, like lakes... where was I gonna go in THIS weather?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Danette. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the condensation on the light fixture. Bubbles! Nice shots, Ducky
    http://aspenglow24.multiply.com/journal/item/376/Next_Shot_-_Water_-_BW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duckie, these are awesome! I've been taking photos at 2 lakes, the kitchen sink and the bathtub, and I think they all suck. After seeing yours, now I REALLY think they suck!! LOL Guess I'll keep trying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this with the new camera?
    You caught the water fountain perfectly.
    I love the water bubbles under glass. How neat.
    Of course I love the little Duckie..
    You even got a swirl.
    http://cruizin57.multiply.com/journal/item/331/Next_Shot_-_Black_and_White_-_Water

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup. With the new camera. :-)

    The swirl was from the rain.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin' the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love em all...clever boy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous shots, all of them! I love the water fountain best.

    somebody is having so much fun with the new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all fabulous, but I especially love the water fountain shot! The water looks like a piece of crystal - so sharp and clear! Its brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots dude;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love all of these! I have to say though....the last one is my favorite lol. It made me smile hugely!

    Hugssssssssssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL I like all 3! The under glass is interesting. I have never tried to get a picture of water coming out of a drinking fountain but thought of it! Now I may have to just try! LOL


    Next Shot Water B&W

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are they any good, he asks? Are you kidding? They're GREAT!


    Next Shot Week # 3 ~ Black & White

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all 3...really they are great pics dude!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of these just the best - each in their own way - Great water fountain- good thing about having to take extra time is the result of hard work - so much more enjoyable and satisfying than turning up to the perfect reflective scenery and just framing the shot - really well done!! Nice work on the water under glass too and of course the duck!!!! Fantastic !!
    http://cleaunz.multiply.com/journal/item/257/Next_Shot_Week_3_-_Technique_Black_and_White_-_Theme_Water

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are incredible Duckie! How many rubber duckies do you have in your collection now?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have quite a lot of rubber duckies. I've not counted them yet. Mebbe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You should take a picture of them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. If I can get em all in one place I may do that. :-)

    ReplyDelete