Doing a three course meal. For the first course, a light salad... fresh spinach, portabelo mushrooms, sweet onions, and a fresh raspberry vinigarette. Not difficult. Tasty, simple.
The entree is a bit more challenging... and fun. I'm going to do a lobster stew, with a pastry lid. It's kinda like a lobster pot pie, but without all the crust that would just get mushy. The stew has leeks, celery, chives, tarragon, thyme, lemon zest, creme fraiche, cayenne...oh, and lobster! I'm breaking out the All-Clad for this baby! The pastry lid is basically a pie crust dough, baked in advance and placed on top of the individual bowls of stew.
For dessert, I'm making a raspberry tart. Don't worry, it's sugar free! :D A simple, yet damned yummy tart. :D
Oh, and to drink... cause we're not pretentious or anything... Stella Ar tios (in the Stella Chalices I bought for Linda, just for this evening).
Here's a pic of the setup. a $50 Bed Bath and Beyond gift card came in handy here!
So....when are you serving it to me....
ReplyDeleteHehehe...
ReplyDeleteYeah....I know....I've been replaced. sighs.....the story of my life.
ReplyDeleteThe gift of food. OMG, I think I love you. Oh, wait. That spot is already taken.
ReplyDeleteAll your food sounds absolutely drool-ishusss!
You have a special place in my heart, never to be replaced, my sweet. :D
ReplyDeleteI was hoping you, of all people, would appreciate the gift. :D
ReplyDeleteDo you really think it sounds ok?
It's valentines month...lucky Linda.
ReplyDeleteWell, yes... it is. :D
ReplyDeleteyou are one of the most incredible man i have the privilege of knowing....seriously...
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding?? HELL yes. It sounds divine! And the way you set the table is lovely. She's going to be so touched. That could be a pun, but you know what I mean ;-) Honestly, if you'd share the razzy tart recipe, I'd love it. I like fresh desserts like that.
ReplyDeleteshe's gonna cry and blow her nose in that lovely napkin
ReplyDeletethis is what i did this valentines.....:))
ReplyDeletehttp://www.moreloveletters.com/adoptaletterbundle/
Bah, am not.
ReplyDeleteThat may be true... :D
ReplyDeleteThat is VERY cool!! I am gonna bookmark that and read up on it.
ReplyDeleteHehehe... uh huh. She said that I could make her a Pop-Tart and... well...
ReplyDeleteHeeee...you go, Chuck!
ReplyDeleteI'll write it up and get it to you...
ReplyDeletesee i didnt even know this was a company...i thought you meant....snickers
ReplyDeleteYAY! Thanks. When I serve it, I'll call it Razzy Duck Tart and people will wonder, what the hell???
ReplyDeleteHehehe...
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm going to wear my chef jacket. :D
ReplyDeleteOh, perfect! "Madame, please be seated..." Love it. She must take a pic so we can see you in your finery.
ReplyDeleteVery lovely - you did great!
ReplyDeleteLove every single aspect of this! She is a very lucky woman.
ReplyDeleteyou have romance in your soul..... it's perfect!
ReplyDeleteLinda is so lucky to ave you love her.........and why not share that tart recipe with all of us.......I would love to have it.
ReplyDeleteQuite romantic!!! Looks and sounds perfect!
ReplyDeleteHow romantical Duck and from the heart. You are such a good guy.
ReplyDeleteAh, Duckie, this is awesome on so many levels. First, I've been gone so long I didn't even realize you found love in my absence -- and I just can't tell you how happy that makes me!
ReplyDeleteThe dinner doesn't sound "ok", it sounds WONderful. I know you don't really work with chiseled-in-stone recipes, but could you post the general idea for the lobster and the tart? Heh, I think I can manage the salad without a recipe.
She's a lucky lady and she's in store for a wonderful evening. Duckster, you do rawk.
sounds awesome my friend;)
ReplyDeleteEverything looks fantastic. Linda is one lucky lady. Not too many who would go through that trouble. It's easier to make reservations.
ReplyDeleteVery purdifuls!!!
ReplyDeleteahhhhhhhhhhhhh....sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you. :D
ReplyDeletewhoa..i did not see the gift card...double sweet!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect Valentines Day! I'm so happy for you both! *hugsssss*
ReplyDeleteDefinition of romantic-Ducky.
ReplyDeleteDude you should earn at least 10 man cards for this!!
I hope it turned out great
I didn't give her the gift card. I used it to supplement the purchasing.
ReplyDeleteIt was. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteA man could make me hot dogs & Kraft mac & cheese and I'd love it because I didn't have to make it. You're going way beyond what I think most women expect. I bet she loved it!
ReplyDeleteI never want to do the "expected". Life is about fearing, loving, and embracing the unexpected. I plan on surprising her as often as possible.
ReplyDeleteYou're a good guy Duckie.
ReplyDelete