Monday, February 20, 2012

Ok, I guess I need to eat before a heavy workout. My glucose level dropped to 85 after my workout. It was 119 prior. It's never gotten that low before.

36 comments:

  1. how long before the workout did you eat ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couple of hours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just pay attention to your body..it will tell you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. well....eat something..peanut butter will work..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I snack throughout the day. I usually snack, workout, then eat when I get home. My blood sugar has never been this low. It's usually always high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did... when I got home. Like...now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok..lol..nite!..Im outta here

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's best to load a few carbs before a workout to burn, and some protein after..... hope that was a lesson learned for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh huh. I kinda knew this but it's never been low enough to worry about it. The snack i would have had been enough. I guess it's not anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg thats too long suckie !

    diabetics must eat every two hrs !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not really. Often, but not every two hours. There's absolutely no way i can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 0h you are fine...geeze. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. did i confuse you with my nephew ranveer who is fed every two hours ....sowwy...:))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I came here to express concern for DUCKIE, and now I'm just sitting here laughing. How rude! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Means the exercise will work to keep your bg down....if you do it often and hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is good to learn. My Husband just found out he has
    Diabetes. Thinks he doesn't have to watch what he eats.
    Today is the first day he has gotten dizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. well....now that you mention it....long and suckie in one sentence do sound ...umm...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I step away for a moment or two and come back to long, suckie, often and hard enough... what more could happen?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Womans minds...that's what happened

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mine has gone much lower, but please keep an eye on yours! Please be sure to snack in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you need all the exercise you can get

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know... It just surprised me is all. Never been that low. I wasn't feeling sick or anything, or dizzy. Just surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do... as much and as often as I can. Then there's the gym. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mannu started it! :)-

    ReplyDelete
  25. and us being the women we are that's all we needed was a little push

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahaha, seems i've heard that before...

    ReplyDelete
  27. True Cherie - VERY true! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. no..i swear my fingers slipped !

    i didnt do nuthin deliberately ...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Actually depending on the person, the body type, the heritage that the person has and the normal blood sugar levels that the person normally registers...you might not have been

    "FINE".

    85 for a person who registers in the 300s every day is low and could very well cause a hypoglycemic state.

    If your numbers are normally in the low 100s however 85 is not far too off course, however...If you're going to continue exercising you might not need the higher dose medication due to the fact that exercise lowers the BGL.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. shame on you! *shakes head and does the tsk tsk sound*

    ReplyDelete
  31. Guess you got enough 'racey' comments to get your heart rate up as much as exircising does. Better check that blood sugar again. These are some wild ladies.

    ReplyDelete