Syd has decided to do the Air Force. She visited the recruiter and is now researching careers. She has to take care of a few things first, but if she goes to take her physical in April, she'll make basic training by August. I'm excited for her.
That's very cool, military life is stable and you get to go exotic places. Maybe she will be stationed at Hickam in Hawaii and you can go see her there.
So excited. My son entered the DEP when he was a Jr. in HS. I hope it goes well for her, after many many many "adventures"..he is now an instructor at Lackland. If you would like to know more from the inside. Just ask me.
I really want this for her... and wanted her to make this decision herself. She actually brought the idea up to me during some discussions... It's probably one of the first times I've seen a hint of the "adult" she's becomming.
I want her to experience life outside of the small town she grew up in. I've tried to explain to her, but there's no substitute for living it.
This is wonderful news. My Oldest went Navy for 155 years and then she retire as one of only 3 women to have held her job in the Navy and now works for an aviation company in Virginia. It was the best thing she ever could have done.
that is such a wise amazing decision.....will she be trying as a pilot...?...i swear when i go visit the base here and see all those amazing female fighter pilots.... my heart swells up...they seem so out of this world... and flying as a career option is really booming these days...the money is really really really good...the day you get the number of mandatory hours and quit the air force...and turn to commercial flying...my god the amount you get paid....!!!
she must be really good in maths in any case...nothing should stop her....give her a huge hug from me !!!!
Hahaha, flying... that scares me. I don't think that's an option she'll choose. She could surprise me, but I really don't think that's what she's looking at. I think she's looked at linguistics and intelligence operations. I don't know what else.
First, she has to go see, as she put it, a "groinacologist", get an "alien baby" removed from her head, and get her drivers license. Once that's all outta the way, she's on to get her physical.
it just occurred to me...has she picked up a foreign language in school ? that will be invaluable to her....open even more options of promotions to her.....especially spanish...there was this convo going on in my living room the other day....about how spanish is going to surpass mandarin and french in the coming years... because it is the most spoken language in the world....
Great option. Anything aviation related, except possibly fueling the planes, is a great choice. I work in the aircraft field and our best people come out of the military. And the money is fabulous.
Cool.. the Air Force is a good career. My brother did it for 20 years and got to retire early. I'm happy for her.. and you too, proud Daddy.
ReplyDeleteThat's very cool, military life is stable and you get to go exotic places. Maybe she will be stationed at Hickam in Hawaii and you can go see her there.
ReplyDeleteIt was the best thing Angie ever did....get ready to send lots of packages. I missed my daughter terribly but so proud of her.
ReplyDeleteFabulous for her! What a great decision!
ReplyDeleteSo excited. My son entered the DEP when he was a Jr. in HS.
ReplyDeleteI hope it goes well for her, after many many many "adventures"..he is now an instructor at Lackland.
If you would like to know more from the inside. Just ask me.
Good luck to her my friend
ReplyDeleteThank you... :D
ReplyDeleteI really want this for her... and wanted her to make this decision herself. She actually brought the idea up to me during some discussions... It's probably one of the first times I've seen a hint of the "adult" she's becomming.
ReplyDeleteI want her to experience life outside of the small town she grew up in. I've tried to explain to her, but there's no substitute for living it.
Rick's daughter has been in the Air Force force for almost 20 years. I'm very happy for both of you!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news. My Oldest went Navy for 155 years and then she retire as one of only 3 women to have held her job in the Navy and now works for an aviation company in Virginia. It was the best thing she ever could have done.
ReplyDeleteAwesome news Ducky!!
ReplyDeletesounds like a good plan there duck
ReplyDeleteawesome! Maybe she could convince Lewie that the military is a good careeer option...
ReplyDeleteHoly crap!! Really?
ReplyDeleteI'll have her people call his people... :D
ReplyDeletethat's wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWell Done to Syd!
ReplyDeleteThat's a long time!! :)-
ReplyDeleteYAY SYD!!!
ReplyDeleteWith the test scores she has, they've told her that her field of career choices is wide open. I can't wait to see what she chooses.
ReplyDeletethat is such a wise amazing decision.....will she be trying as a pilot...?...i swear when i go visit the base here and see all those amazing female fighter pilots.... my heart swells up...they seem so out of this world...
ReplyDeleteand flying as a career option is really booming these days...the money is really really really good...the day you get the number of mandatory hours and quit the air force...and turn to commercial flying...my god the amount you get paid....!!!
she must be really good in maths in any case...nothing should stop her....give her a huge hug from me !!!!
Hahaha, flying... that scares me. I don't think that's an option she'll choose. She could surprise me, but I really don't think that's what she's looking at. I think she's looked at linguistics and intelligence operations. I don't know what else.
ReplyDeleteFirst, she has to go see, as she put it, a "groinacologist", get an "alien baby" removed from her head, and get her drivers license. Once that's all outta the way, she's on to get her physical.
I take it this is your Daughter?
ReplyDeleteI hope she is very successful. Sounds like she
can have any career she wants.
well linguistic and operations sound great too..:))
ReplyDeleteYes, they do... there're so many options available to her... I'm excited. :D
ReplyDeleteYes, Sue... She's my oldest child (and only) daughter.
ReplyDeleteit just occurred to me...has she picked up a foreign language in school ?
ReplyDeletethat will be invaluable to her....open even more options of promotions to her.....especially spanish...there was this convo going on in my living room the other day....about how spanish is going to surpass mandarin and french in the coming years... because it is the most spoken language in the world....
She's taken Spanish... Three years, I think. I heard something about that the other day too. I don't doubt it.
ReplyDelete:))
ReplyDeletean alien baby in her head?
ReplyDeleteOh, and we're going to the recruiter today to talk to them for Lewie. Syd's people called his people FAST!!
ReplyDeleteShe has a lump on her head... been there forever. It's her alien baby... :D
ReplyDeleteThat's great!! I wish him, and you all the luck in the world.
ReplyDeleteGood to know where you are heading in life......................wishing her the best of luck duck
ReplyDeleteGreat option. Anything aviation related, except possibly fueling the planes, is a great choice. I work in the aircraft field and our best people come out of the military. And the money is fabulous.
ReplyDelete