Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Airman's Creed

My daughter has to know this before going in...

This is the Airman's promise to country and colleagues.

I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN.
I AM A WARRIOR.
I HAVE ANSWERED MY NATION'S CALL.

I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN.
MY MISSION IS TO FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN.
I AM FAITHFUL TO A PROUD HERITAGE,
A TRADITION OF HONOR,
AND A LEGACY OF VALOR.

I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN,
GUARDIAN OF FREEDOM AND JUSTICE,
MY NATION'S SWORD AND SHIELD,
ITS SENTRY AND AVENGER.
I DEFEND MY COUNTRY WITH MY LIFE.

I AM AN AMERICAN AIRMAN:
WINGMAN, LEADER, WARRIOR.
I WILL NEVER LEAVE AN AIRMAN BEHIND,
I WILL NEVER FALTER,
AND I WILL NOT FAIL

13 comments:

  1. Has she memorized it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, strong words.... God Bless all our military....

    ReplyDelete
  3. powerful creed too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Powerful....

    That's the easy part! How long does she have??

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very proud heritage to follow, good luck to her;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is quite a promise. I love that, faithful to a proud heritage, a tradition of honor and a legacy of valor. As could be said for all our armed forces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it a song? It sortof reads like one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope, there's a song too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor kids. They sign up thinking "I'm going to be tough and macho and defend my country" and the first thing they tell them to do is memorize a poem. The irony is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And a song. It's like camp. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, till they hit boot camp. Then they learn not to like camp so much.

    ReplyDelete