Saturday, June 30, 2012

No power since 5 sumthin last night. Could be five days before they can restore it. Goodbye to a freezer full of food.

31 comments:

  1. Sounds like grillin' time! Can you take some of it to Linda's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Can't you offload some in friends' freezers, and cook some, so you don't lose as much?

    Unless you have an electric stove, too... :(

    So sorry, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, does that ever suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry :(
    In the summer I don't keep to much in mine because of the storms and power outages...Hope it gets restored earlier than expected

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's bad. Hope you can find a solution before everything goes bad. Go to the mall in the coolness, the heat will make you sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. head out for some dry ice if possible.... I remember the outage back in the 90's..... about 4 days ohio, michigan, pa..... looks like you need a block party.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to grill what I can. All electric appliances. It's just my fridge freezer so it's not a big freezer I'm losing stuff in, but... It's enough to hate to lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be grilling from now till when everything was cooked. I hate losing stuff due to things like this. Sorry Ducky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Glad you're ok though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Five days...gosh! Hope the temps are not soaring. I worry about people in the heat and no power.

    So...what are you doing...pretend camping out?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you have water still??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gonna be 97 today and more storms. We're all hanging out reading and playing games. I'm about to start grilling stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, still have water. Drive through town just now and it's a mess. Huge trees uprooted, power lines down everywhere. Intermittent power. Some with generators, but some have been restored.

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least there is water...toilets flush and that kinda stuff. Those trees all around provide some kind of shade I'm hoping.

    Have they reported if it was a tornado or not? I know you said last night that one was reported earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a perfect time to come to California for a vacation.....or go camping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will make room for your freezer foods if you promise to grill me something too! *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  17. 5 days !! Must have been some storm to do that much damage !! Hope you are ok in all this heat !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have well water hope we don't lose power, very dark clouds on the horizon, this is the second time the kids that graduated have tried to have their annual beach party tonight. I was working outside weeding but it is too darn hot !! Hope you all stay safe !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's not too awful inside. A wee lil breeze comes through now and again. I'm prolly gonna start up the grill on a bit and start doing sumthing with the food. I have to get ice as well (if any is left anywhere).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Time for a neighborhood cookout.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Guess I should have read the comments before commenting. What time is dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I went to Linda's. I aint doing the no ac thing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank goodness for Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So you could put your food in her freezer too, right? Love, I come bearing gifts...................

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too late for that. It was already thawed.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You know if there are still ice crystals in it - even if only at the center - it can be re-frozen, right?

    ReplyDelete
  27. It was totally thawed. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  28. So sorry, Duckie. That just sucks the big one.

    ReplyDelete