Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sydney's Big Day

Last week I took my baby girl out and about in preparation to enter her new life as an Air Force service-woman. I did my best to duckument the day, in as much as she'd allow me to take pictures... and she was a very good, and understanding sport in this. :D

First we had to drive back to her mom's house about 20 miles from mine. I let her drive as she needs to get used to driving a standard automobile. She did very well... and looks good driving a Jeep.

Sydney is the ONLY person, aside from myself, to have EVER driven my Jeep. It felt ODD sitting in the passenger seat. I made the best of it...

Next stop was the doctor's office... she wasn't really appreciating the duckumentary at this point...

 

Once she recovered from the hyperventilating, we went over to Bob Evan's to get a bite to eat. It was a much better atmosphere for the continued duckumentary.

 

After a meal of blueberry crepes (her) and a burger (me), we were well satisfied and ready to head down the street to the recuiter's office. We had a lot of questions to ask, and things to clarify... I let Sydney deal with most of it, and the recruiter was very patient and walked her through everything she'll need to know when she receives her orders to ship out.

 

And now, here she is, signing on the dotted line... my girl, volunteering to serve her country. It was an awesome moment, and I was elated to be able to be there by her side... in fact, it was MY honor!

 

21 comments:

  1. an honor for you to be with her, and for us to get to watch..... we are all proud with you Ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR Honor...how my heart smiles to see you say that...:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. My step-daughter completed her 20th year in the Air Force in January. I'm very proud of Sydney both for offering to serve her country and for letting you duckument it. (((Chuck))) She's a lovely, intelligent young Lady. We are proud of her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally LOVE that first shot btw...hands firmly on the wheel...the attentive look on her face and her hair blowing in the wind...I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, yeah... A bit too firmly. I had to get her to loosen her grip a bit. She kept over-adjusting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking to myself...the pressure of being the ONLY other person to drive the jeep...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great memories for you and her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got tears again. Wish I had a picture of Angie signing on the red white and blue line. What a treasure our girls are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If events of the prior weekend hadn't occured the way they did, this may not have transpired in this fashion... it was all meant to be this way. I don't think any of us could have asked for a better outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm proud of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just awesome. I dunno about you but just when I think my kids can't do anything else to make me even more proud of them... They do.

    Tell her thank you. From trixy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very kewl duckuminting there duckster..and be proud cause you is the papa of a soldier/flygirl...proud of you syd

    ReplyDelete
  14. I about cried reading this post this morning. You sound so incredibly proud like you'd burst.

    Hugs you too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awesome that you got to be the one to take her. That last shot shows she has really long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I understand the pride.....but are you nervous yet? That IS your baby girl,ya know :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. No, I want this for her more than anything. I'm going to miss her, most certainly. Not nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're an awesome dad, y'know that?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nervous or not, she looks adorable in the shot in the doctor's office.
    Congratulations to you for raising a fine American daughter, and to her for joining the Air Force; May it be a wonderful adventure for her as she serves our country.

    ReplyDelete