Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Doing the NaNoWriMo thing this year... 50,000 words in 30 days. One day down... 50,000 words to go.

28 comments:

  1. i don't know about this thing duckie....what is this about...mayb i could do it too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.nanowrimo.org

    It's a writing thing... not a competition, but a challenge to get words down... get a story out, edit later. Kinda like writing with abandon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep ive started..add me Chuck...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once the site is back up, I most certainly will... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. it said to me they are doing site maintainance...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or you can find me as duckie1562

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be asleep shortly.

    Yeah, they started just a few minutes ago. I was able to register and add a few things... then it went down for maint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has to be a NOVEL...which of course is the first rule Im breaking lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe, ok... mine is a novel. I already have it started, just wanna get more towards finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you're doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Me, too. I'm working on it now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I get tempted every year when you guys start.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. At 50,000 words, it's not exactly a short story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go for it, Duckie!
    Yeah, i would probably be the same way. Let's see, 50,000/30=1666etc.
    i'd definitely have days that i didn't have enough time to write that many words and have to make up for it on others.
    Mo, me, too.
    i've got friends here in Atlanta that have done it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I start it every year and have finished it three times........once is actually published. This year with all on my plate I am not so sure, but I have a story that needs telling so maybe it will get written.

    Go Duckie.......I know you can

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, i'm a sucker. i just went and signed up. Rita, should i list myself as a newbie and get a mentor, or does it make any difference at all?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was SO going to do this...but now I think it's not an option...

    Good Luck Duckster!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck! My daughter did it a couple of years ago and I think she might this year too. Will you share any of it with us?

    ReplyDelete
  19. *smiles* sure it will be awesome! Like Mo, every time you all start this, I think how much I want to try too...and then November hits and I'm pounded with work and I realize it's just not possible. When they move NaNoWriMo to a different month, I'm IN!! Good luck to ya' dear one

    ReplyDelete
  20. Go, Duckie, go!! I thought about trying this last year (and again this year) but --- nope, not me. Can't wait to see what YOU come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  21. BEST of luck!! I'd love to give NaNo a go but these days I can barely come up with a Ten Thought Tuesday, never mind over a thousand words a day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tater lady... This is WHY I'm doing it. I need to force myself back into the writing. Once I get into the story again I'm sure it'll flow. Just been away from it for far too long. I probably wouldn't share a whole lot here... That whole publishing issue... It's a weird thing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so glad you are doing this! I know how happy you will be in the end :D Hugsssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maybe some day I'll have time to do it. My problem though is never getting enough words. It's the cutting it down below a limit I have trouble with. Once I get started I just don't shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  25. There is no limit on how many words you can have, as long as you reach 50,000. I don't plan on writing every day. There's just no way possible, but I will write more on some days than I do on others... and even more on weekends.

    ReplyDelete