I got my blood test results back... it's a boy. No, really... My A1C is 6.4 (normal is 6.3). Cholesterol is 187 (below 200 is good) although the mix between good and bad (HDL and LDL respectively) are outta whack. My mean glucose level is 132 (was 150+ three months ago). Only two real issues here... one being the low "good cholesterol... I have to increase my exercising. Ugh. Two is the high TSH levels... she's increasing the dosage on my thyroid meds. I'd say overall, the results are good. :D
i really dont speak that language well anymore...all i can say is kiss girls not boys if thats a help...but at least you know whats going on with you...a good thing id say
ReplyDeleteyou should try the following in changing your eating habits
ReplyDeletebrand name is Flatouts, they are flatbread low carbs and low sugars, they also have foldits under the same brand name.
then dreamfields pasta, you can buy it in stores or from their website
glad you said that, and congrats.... it's over my head!
ReplyDeleteexcercise is the key...but its looking better
ReplyDelete(whew..so glad its not a boy)
Excellent work, Sir Ducksalot!
ReplyDeleteI know this is all senseless gibberish to most... some will understand the numbers. It's ok... it's all good.
ReplyDeleteAs for my eating habits... this has been an ongoing thing for well over a year now, being diabetic. The habits were the first things to change... the cholesterol and such are a direct result of the diabetes, not diet. Now I just need to exercise more to get the good and bad cholesterol corrected.
Thanks!!
and the kissing girls not boys thing?
ReplyDeleteI think that's a wonderful idea too. :D
ReplyDeleteI was hoping it would be a girl this time...:))
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
pax aquatica
ReplyDeleteWhat, she didn't tell you to quit smokin' that green stuff?
ReplyDeletelol
No, really, glad you're mostly healthy.
Gator, too much of that kinda drink is bad for him, too.
ReplyDeleteI ain't never givin' up the... pax aquatica!!
ReplyDeleteWow those numbers are awesome! Congrats!
ReplyDeletethese are great numbers! Proud of you, Duckie!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I knew at least that the two of you would understand. :-)
ReplyDeleteI've been exercising a couple times a week. I've got to increase it to 3-4 times a week.
ReplyDeleteI suppose I should increase to once or twice a week....
ReplyDeleteIts funny that exercise of all things raises hour hdl's. But it does. Keep up the excellent work and definitely monitor those tsh levels.
ReplyDeleteGood work Ducky, keep crunching the numbers ;)
ReplyDeleteI am so confused :)
ReplyDeleteawesome job!
ReplyDeleteHave you tried fish oil pills for raising your good cholesterol? I've been taking them and mine has gone up from about 31 to 39 in about 6 months. I'd like to say my diet is better and I'm exercising more, but honestly, that's not true. It has to be the pills.
ReplyDeleteYour bad cholesterol number is great! What's your ratio? I just had mine last week and it's down from 7.1 to 5.9. I'll take that, but want to keep getting it better.
You're doing great Duckie, keep up the good work. That's a huge change in your glucose too. Thank goodness mine hasn't gone wonky on me yet. But I know I have to lose weight or I'll be like you, having to worry all the time.
wtg!
ReplyDeleteare you glowing ?
ReplyDeleteI have fishy pills, but I take enough pills. I simply need to exercise more. And yes, I'm glowing. :-)
ReplyDeleteI agree. Me too. As soon as my sons are out of here and I get my workout room back, it will be time for me!
ReplyDeleteI need a workout room. I may look into buying a treadmill for home. Especially on nights like tonight when I worked later. I won't be home for another hour. Ugh. But I'm determined to stick to this working out three times thing. I did two and can commit to the extra day.
ReplyDeleteI agree. Get yourself a workout room. It is so worth it! I wish you lived closer. I have over 700 pounds of free weights and could easily give you half of them. But shipping would be insane. Watch posting boards for good deals. January and February are great months to get used treadmills. People get them for Christmas and then realize they're not going to use them so sell them off to pay off all the bills from the holidays.
ReplyDelete