Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The pavers

This is what I've laid out for the placement of the fire pit. It's nothing grand, but rather a place to safely keep the fire from setting their lawn ablaze.



It's called desert sunset... I like it. I have to dig out and level the ground, lay paver sand as a base, making sure it's all level. Once they're laid back in place, sweep more paver sand over the bricks, down into the cracks. This will prevent grass and weeds from growing up between them.

36 comments:

  1. I was gonna say way to go on the leveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that kitty supervisor is on the job..... love the choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds too much like work. I'll just sit over here and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the cat needs is a cute little dog and some helium!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's Mooch... he's always there "supervisin'"... and talking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's damn chatty enough... and nowhere near as hyper. He's the laziest cat I've ever seen. Moves as he sees fit... even up stairs... one slow step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really not too much work... It's not like I'm laying a full yard o' these things. This is a simple placement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! The design on the pavers is cool!

    Cute lil kitty cat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's damn chatty enough... and nowhere near as hyper. He's the laziest cat I've ever seen. Moves as he sees fit... even up stairs... one slow step at a time.

    That's why he needs helium.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate that places don't sell stuff in small, "I just want this much" batches. The paver sand I've found EVERYWHERE is in this .5 cubic feet bag... that's really more than I need for this project. Ugh... Oh well, maybe she'll find a use for the rest (for me...).

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's gonna be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! Mooch is a cool kitty...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw the word "shovel" in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  14. and it didn't seem like the go to the corner and have fun type of shovel either....

    ReplyDelete
  15. There MAY be a shovel involved... I may have the kids do it with their bare hands... haven't decided yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to hear him meow on helium :)-

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maybe it's this shovel...

    ReplyDelete
  18. ummmm.....I hope not

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have fun with your project. I'd like to see it finished, with the pit ablaze. I think the cute cat being there definately added something to this shot, made it more personal. Good for Mooch for supervising you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. He was rubbing against the computer... I took the shot with my webcam. He's just nosey, and knows I'm allergic to him, so he rubs all over everything of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear. I didn't know you were allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  22. He likes you though. That is good at least. Do you take a pill or something to keep the allergic reactions down?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yeah... I take allegra...

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's pretty. Well, it's gonna be when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Is Mooch really big, or just really close to the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha no it won't..... invest in some roundup too : P
    Love the color and pattern

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mooch is both big and close to the camera... just a fat, ol' lazy kitteh.

    The grass underneath is already dead. The fire pit made sure of that already. It's just not a pretty sight, so I'm doin' the pavers. I may actually lay down some of the black understuff as well... Linda's seester has some layin' around somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I personally would use the black plastic stuff -and- the round up. If you don't have round up you can always boil a huge pot of water and put it on the area. Boiling water kills things too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Already dead and gone. Nothin left to kill. Burnt to a crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Need the sand for stability and ease of leveling. I got this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. erm...if you level like you did in that picture??

    *snickers* :P

    ReplyDelete
  32. Umm... I didn't level in that pic. Pfffft.

    ReplyDelete
  33. HAHAHAH

    yeah ya don't say?!?:P

    ReplyDelete