Monday, July 09, 2012

First day... (not counting the weekend)

So, today is the first workday vacation... I slept in. Ok, not really, since I didn't get to sleep this morning until 3am. I was up at 10. I did the morning housekeeping chores. Watered flowers, fed the kitty, and put out birdseed for the birdies... and the squirrels, ground piggies, and various other woodland creatures that may visit Linda's back yard sanctuary.

I picked up a very cool game for the Xbox on Saturday, and I've been addicted to playing it like I haven't played a game in a long time. DC Comics, Batman: Arkham City.



Arkham City is set in Gotham, but it's a "city" created by combining the Gotham Prison and Arkham Asylum... a massive prison city. Bruce Wayne is kidnapped and left for dead within the city, but with the help of Alfred and various Gotham law enforcement within the city, he becomes Batman... and the action never stops.

Due to it being a combination of both the prison and the Asylum, this game doesn't lack for characters from the Batman Legacy... from Poison Ivy and Joker, to Black Mask and Solomon Grundy. The side missions are a fun and challenging break from the main story. The game overall is a combination of fighter and puzzles (mainly via The Riddler leaving things throughout the game).

You can also play as Catwoman, a special downloadable character... She's awesome to play as.

That has been the day so far... after lunch I'm taking the kids and myself out for haircuts and then to see what kinda trouble we can get into on our own.

31 comments:

  1. oooh I wanna be catwoman!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on over!! Both of you... now wouldn't that be fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a perv...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wha? How was that pervy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ang he's being a perv...don't let him lie to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect "guy who's into video games" vacation. Glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probably you visualizing them both in nurses uniforms? : D

    I love to take the kids out to see what kind of trouble we can get into

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL isn't that one of the reasons we love him?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't even thinking pervy. Am now though. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girls, he DOES have a girlfriend now, give him a break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ummmmmmmm I kind of thought you ALWAYS thought pervy!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, you cook and do yard work.... Ducky you are gem, even if a perv.... grins....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm going to be doing pavers this week for the fire pit, and replacing bad drywall in the bathroom. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. a surprise for Linda or does she know?

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww, aren't you darling!!! LOVE surprises like that...after you're done with the pavers and drywall...and a rousing game of nursie with Trixy and Ang (please, perv is never far from your thoughts...who you think you're kidding? lol) ...well after all that...IF you have any strength left *grins* you could surprise me with new drywall in my bathroom too! Just sayin'...you know, in case you get bored or anything. LOL

    Enjoy your vaycay dear, I'm getting back into things after mine. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda is a lucky lady to get to come home to surprises like that. She might just take vacations without you more often.

    ReplyDelete
  17. He'll be well compensated for his surprise I'm sure.

    I believe you weren't being pervy....you are a gentleman and honorable. No cats away mice will play for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. i was wondering yest. why u werent going to bed...
    does linda get irritated if u play all the time ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. lol.... lucky Linda is in Hawaii....

    ReplyDelete
  20. no..i know that...she is now....i meant in general.....he must be playing all the time...like guys do....

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't play all the time. I stay up a bit later on either Friday or Saturday night. She's usually more tired than I am on Friday night so I stay up later doin my thing, while Saturday night is together night.

    ReplyDelete
  22. But either way... We have our things that we don't necessarily do together. It doesn't get in the way of our togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like an interesting game...ummmmm whats sleeping in

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like an interesting game...ummmmm whats sleeping in

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think this is very important for couples to have....as long as whatever that thing is doesn't come between them then I'm all for it.

    I think a significant other can "smother" the other with the togetherness at times.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice that you are doing some little projects too.

    ReplyDelete