Saturday, July 21, 2012

An interesting day

I was up early this morning to get my girl off to her driver test. I drove down in my Jeep, she and Linda took Linda's car, letting Sydney drive. That may have been a mistake. She was to follow me. :D I swear I was going at, or below the speed limit and the girl couldn't keep up. She was dawdling... She insists that she wasn't, but it took us an extra ten minutes to get where we were going! Instead of arriving early, we got here just as her testing was supposed to start. I really don't like cutting things that close.

Not that it really mattered... She drove around to the back with the instructor riding shotgun... lined up at the cones... took the one on the left out. Fail. Oh well. Back at it on August 11th.

I drove her out to the Perry County Fairgrounds for the livestock auction so she could sell her chickens. She thought I was staying and I think she was gonna pitch a fit when I told her she had to find a ride home. (Her mother was there... and her BF was lurking somewhere...) Oh well, adult child. Live with it. I have plans.

I drove back to Linda's house, and stopped to buy a headlight to replace one on my Jeep. I also got some stuff to recharge the AC. While I was working on that, I got a text... check, ignore, back to work. I recharged the AC, got the headlight replaced and was taking the Mudslut out for a test drive to make sure the recharge worked... it didn't. :-(

After hours and hours of nothing but driving I decided to head downstairs and catch some TV in the cool living room. I reach for my phone... it's not in my pocket. I look upstairs... nope. I check the Jeep several times, each time knowing EXACTLY where I put it, hoping that I was wrong... On the bumper while I was working on the light. I drove away with the phone on my bumper! Of course it was no longer there!

I was frantic! I NEED my iPhone! Gah! What am I gonna do?!

Wait! iPhone!! Comes with this fancy little gizmo called the iCloud. :D I am in love with this little service now! I clicked open the iCloud, lo and behold - "Where's My iPhone?" Click on the little linky thing and it looks for your phone signal... how awesome is that?!

I've now located the exact position of my phone... I just have to drive there, get out and look along the road, hoping, praying, wishing all the time that it's not been run over, cracked, beat all to hell and overall non-salvageable.

I drive there, start searching... back and forth, just about to give up when I see the red of the case in the grass down in the easement/ditch! I reach down to pick it up... whew! Not a single scratch!! Doesn't even appear to have fallen... I'm ecstatic! I love my iPhone more and more each day!!


And so now I'm beat! I drove home, as I had to get Sydney her stuff, and decided to just stay here. It IS where I live, after all. Between the girl and her MOTHER... it's been a drama filled weekend that I just want to be over! I'm tired, and it's only Saturday.

28 comments:

  1. Wow!! way cool App !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My phone was about a mile away from Linda's house where I found it. I never would have found it without that iCloud feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ignored my text......I'm so hurt! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. No i didn't... pffft. I was writing a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloody hell. As much as I have some perverse fear of getting a "proper" phone and going all Appy, I'm starting to see the attraction! That's pretty neat. I didn't even know such a thing existed, lol!

    I hope you get to relax a bit Duckie. Sounds like you need it.

    And best of luck on the second test. I killed a cone within 10 seconds of my first, too. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool app. Wish I had that for my glasses, keys, dog....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a otter case in case I drop it in the toity

    ReplyDelete
  8. Or go swimming with it. But I didn't know about the cloud thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting blog...I wandered in for entertainment and got an education! I didn't know how well that find my phone thing worked, either, but now I'ma check it out. My iPhone is a granny, a 3GS, but it still has iCloud enabled. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's with the cones? I'm sorry your day was so stressful, but at least it ended on a happy note, Duckie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We found out about "where's my droid" after it was too late... when we already needed the app to be on it.
    That really is a cool feature.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that feature! I also love, that if you really lost it, and couldn't find it, you can lock it down.... ;-)

    glad you found it, and try to have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Could have used one for my kids soooo many times, but somehow... they always seem to find their way back from where I've left them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't quite have an otterbox. I was looking at them, but really didn't want to spend that kinda money. I do have a shock case. In fact, I just bought it last week for $10 at TJ Maxx. It worked amazingly well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cloud doesn't have to be enabled on the phone... you have to pair them on the interwebs though. My phone is a 4, so... I was thinking I'd have to upgrade to the next one up. Didn't really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cones, with long sticks coming out. They're the bane of many a novice driver's existence. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's cool they have it too. I'm not surprised, really. But my "Where's my iPhone" isn't an app on my phone. I didn't have to set it up there. Only on the iCloud site. I'm sooo happy that I did. Very worth the minimal effort.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I was dreading that it's what I was going to have to do. Lock it down, wipe it... awesome feature though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm tired from reading your blog! Dealing with exs even when you get along is no fun. And it sounds like Sydney needs that drivers license bad. Does she have a car?

    That is a cool phone feature. I wonder if my droid has that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Busy day for you, cool app to find your phone. I had no idea anything like that existed. I have an old fashioned one, no text or anything, I'm waiting until it dies to get an upgrade. Hope your Sunday is better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. how cool is that !! wow....just wow.....


    am keeping mum about how i got my driving license...:))

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have that one KK. But it just makes the phone ring, I think? I don't know. My 28 year old coworker set it up for me, and I don't even remember my key word!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The first find your phone app on the Android Market continues to get better and better. Now with an online Commander and a more user friendly interface, it is easier then ever to track down your missing phone.

    Where's My Droid can turn the ringer volume up and make your phone ring. The app can also get the GPS coordinates with a link to Google maps if you're not near enough to your phone to hear the ringer. You have the freedom to track your phone from anywhere, either with a text messaged attention word or with our online Commander.


    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alienmanfc6.wheresmyandroid

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you KK, you're an angel. I just looked at my phone and it's there! I just had to configure it. I'd test it, but Abdel's cell phone is dead so I can't text my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like a busy weekend. I am so glad you found your phone. I don't get many calls, so it would probably been a while before I realized it was gone. What a cool app. Is it just for the I-phone, or any Android?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Read KK's comments below Momo. :-)

    ReplyDelete