Wednesday, July 04, 2012

It's been a kinda busy but very nice day. Sydney and I were invited to hang out at Linda's for the time off (in AC). We spent last night watching some shows that we like, mainly Food Network, and the Soup. Today we hung around for a while at home doing much of nothing, but then went to a late dinner at Genji's Japanese Steakhouse. Sydney'd never been to one, so that was a treat (for the chef too). We then drove north to see the new Amazing Spiderman. It was good... I can't say I like it more, or less than the other Spidermans as it follows a different path. So while it's still Spidey... it's different. It was a very good storyline (much of which many would know, if you've ever followed the Amazing Spiderman universe from Marvel.) If not, it can be confusing... no less good, but confusing if trying to tie it in to the first one somehow. Anyway, I hope you all had as wonderful a 4th of July as I did... whatever it is you do to celebrate our freedoms, and our nation... be happy, and proud that we can. Hug your nearest service-person.

12 comments:

  1. It's always good to hear about a great day...:))

    LT3

    ReplyDelete
  2. we saw it too..... and totally enjoyed it, feeling some of the same emotions you posted... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think the 'special effects' of the reptile, were a little lame.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had such a great day.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the new spidey movie

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you had a pleasant day duckie...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason and I want to go see that one tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you had such a great day :D Hugsssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound really happy. I like that. I tried your chicken marsala recipe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was ok. But I used Portabellas, and they soaked up all the butter. So I added olive oil to cook the chicken in. I don't coat chicken in flour any more either - too heavy. The chicken was very moist, and tender, and the sauce had a nice flavor. But I'd change things up some with dipping the chicken in egg, then a mix of cornflake, whole grain bread, or panko crumbs and ground flax seed, with herbs like oregano and pepper and salt. I only had 1/4 cup of the marsala cooking wine so used Sangria for the rest of it. I think that the salt was less so there was less flavor in the dish as a result. But the flavor was better to me than the salty cooking wine. I quit using cooking wines because of the sodium content, the reason I didn't have a spare bottle.

    I also served it over orzo with Asian veggies, and didn't salt that because I thought the sauce would be too salty anyway, which it wasn't. I should have put some flavor in that too, and maybe tossed it with some melted butter and pepper before serving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making me hungry !!!! Sounds like a wonderful day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so late getting here, but I'm glad you had a wonderful day!
    Hugssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete