Thursday, July 12, 2012

Just a little outdoors work

With Linda on vacation, and me house sitting with the kiddos, I wanted to leave her something nice (and her seester too), so I went and got these pavers... I think I showed them to you the other day right after I bought them.

Well, here I've dug out where I wanted them to go, laid sand, leveled it, laid the bricks... I pounded them down the best I could to take care of any settling. I know there will still be some with rain, and time. I have some left over sand to put in the cracks as they do settle.

After making sure the laid pavers were still level and not wobbly I covered the top with sand and smoooshed it all in the cracks (with Sydney's help).



We then left for some stoopid 4-h thing... and when I got back I swept off the remaining sand... I didn't get a pic of that, but... here's a crappy pic of the fire... My cell camera sucks!

28 comments:

  1. Oh Gosh! It looks great Duckster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a well used firepit to this point, and the grass underneath was burnt up. It looked ugly. At least this will give them a place to do it safely, and it will look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a keeper. thats all. big big bear hugs .

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! I want a firepit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good, that's gotta be worth a bunch off cold beers brought to your hand lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Ill share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanna come build me a patio? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe, I'll try to get out tomorrow to get a better picture. Ii live doing this stuff. It's been a long time since I've done anything like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it's been a long time watch the back!
    Oh wait, that could actually come in handy, if the back is sore, er killing you, there would be no problem wanting more than just cold beer delivered to your hand, as you sit with your feet up relaxing ;)
    You may require specific meals brought to your hand also, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool it looks great bro;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. my cell camera--rocks! :P

    nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My cell camera used to rock. Lens was scratched.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome job Ducky! it will be well appreciated.... I love the smell of a fire!

    no fire pits allowed here in my subdivision, not with amount of time it is dry here.... but people don't spent much time outside either, lol....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks good. The bricks look good in the cell phone picture. You have free room and board here any time you want to vacation in Savannah, if you'll do projects like that. I'll even pay for all the materials.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Liz! Linda's boss has offered the same thing... although he said I can house sit for him when he goes on vacation in August. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks good, man. She gonna be happeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well Cherie is already scheduled to house-sit for us in December when we go to Morocco for 2 weeks, but if she can't stay the whole two weeks, maybe you can have one of them? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. :D I'd just go to hang out with Cherie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL. Oh, you'd all have a party without me? : (

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's beautiful , that is a lot of work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How thoughtful!! You're a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI DUCKIE!!!

    You are such a love.
    Hope she loves the gift.

    ReplyDelete