Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Shimmer in the Night (For Sweet Mannu - a reason for the sage)

A Shimmer in the Night


A movement in the distance

Shadows in the corner of the eye

You see them

But they aren’t there


They come to you from beyond

Slipping through the night

Calling to you in silence

Whispers in the dark


You reach out for them

They shy from your touch

Recoiling in fear

Your intent to them is unclear


You only have questions

Why are they here

Why do they linger

When the door is so near


It stands just out of sight

A shimmering passage

An end to the wandering

The doorway to salvation


They have always been close

Since that fateful day

When you came close to joining them

On their nightly foray


They only seem to watch

Few will come close

Their whispering is like the wind

They know you can see


Few will understand

What you can see

So you tell no one

Their journeys are safe with you

89 comments:

  1. i had totally forgotten about your dream and your angels.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful....
    love that picture...of course i have seen it before...
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the pic i've used for a GTP...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LT3 2... :D

    Just wanted to share... it helps with negative "energy" that surrounds us... I do this once a month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you sweet Mannu... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do it when i've just seen an exorcist ...sixth sense sort of movie...and i am alone in the house..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You realize... this is the life I live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. u mean like the sixth sense boy ???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, dear... for the most part. Only I can't hear them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You see ghosts Duckster...or Angels?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mostly ghosts. It all started with the Angel... grandma Graham. MY Angel... there's a guardian currently. Most of the Angels out there are someone's guardian. They generally walk with a purpose, and pay me no mind... they're already with someone.

    I feel and see both the good and the negative... it's all out there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew this about you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So...you see the ones that are searching for someone?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Since your wreck?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Searching... or not. Just there.

    Yeah, since I was 15, having been hit by the car. When I died was when I saw my grandma... she's the one who was there to guide me... and to ultimately let me come back.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's not something I've ever really... put out there. Not something I tend to bring a lot of attention to.

    There are people who know me... on here, who've met me, that witnessed what this can do to me. In Savannah, Kimmie, Rita, Gator (and one who shall not be named) saw what can happen when I get overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you told all this before? Why don't I know any of this??

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't want to make you uncomfortable...sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think I've ever hidden the fact, but never really publicly said, "Hey guys! I see ghosts!"

    Kimmie knows... we called 'em beasties.

    I'm not uncomfortable about it. I've had 25 odd years of coping with it. There's times when it's harder to handle than others. When my emotions are high, especially negative emotions, I'm open to attack. It's not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure it's not. Is it part of the reason that you don't sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow
    i remember we talked about your angels...long ago
    but it never sunk in this way....

    ReplyDelete
  22. IF you are comfortable talking about it. We sure don't want to cause an attack.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Often, yes... in my apartment though... through either luck, or design... they don't come in, but as energies... the physical ghosts (odd, huh?) can't enter... my guardian at the moment stands constantly at my front door... never moves, never wavers. He keeps others out. I do other things to keep them out. Rock salt on sills and thresholds.

    When I'm tired, and defenses are down... stressed, sick... whatever... the energies, or non-physical types of entities... I call 'em dark matter, cause they "feel" dark... they actually take over. Or try. It happens to a lot of people who are sensitives to the ghosties. That's the attack...

    ReplyDelete
  24. i dont want to make you uncomfortable either duckie...sincerely...its okay if you'd rather not talk about it....

    just that you are the first person i trust impeccably never to lie, exaggerate or make things up...you always have your feet on ground...so when you say something...i believe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I often don't sleep well cause they are here... I can feel them, more than see them. Others have seen them, on camera when I've talked to them. And have actually witnessed a take over...

    There are other things that add to the "strength" or intensity, and it's been happening a lot lately... thunderstorms. Just creates additional activity that's hard to combat.

    Nights like that... or most nights, really... I take melatonin to help sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  26. you see him ? you ever tried talking to him ? who is he ?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I see him... and have to actually walk THROUGH him when I leave, or come into my apartment.

    I can't talk to them... I can't hear what they say, but I believe his name is Billy... this came about through another person... and part of his background story as well...

    ReplyDelete
  28. What happens when they take over??

    ReplyDelete
  29. does he make eye contact....?
    have you tried smiling at him ?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I kinda fade away... I may mumble something. It's almost like sleepwalking, or sleep talking...

    apparently when we were in Savannah I wandered off to take pics of some spires... there was a little girl watching me. She knew I could see her (I hate when they KNOW)... next thing I know Kimmie is picking me up from the ground and guiding me out of the cemetery. I had been sitting on the ground, rocking back and forth saying, "I'm so tired... just, so very tired" over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  31. *I am hearing popping noises at the back door*

    Nothing like you of course...just saying...my nightly routine.

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow...now i really do want to meet you...I mean i always did..but now...

    ReplyDelete
  33. You tend to hear more, or I do, in an empty house... it's unsettling.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I don't think I'll be introducing you to my beasties... :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. yes i felt that in my empty house this week..its was very weird

    ReplyDelete
  36. and not that either...jeez rolls eyes...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  37. what sort of popping noises?

    ReplyDelete
  38. It's the house noises that are covered up with laughter, rocking of a chair, hum of the fridge, chime of a clock... covered up with life.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have a gun...right beside me...but yes...I hear everything...real or not. I sleep with the TV on.

    ReplyDelete
  40. When it's all gone... you hear... the house.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i could hear every memory made, it rushed through all night..I never slept..was a basket case in the morning

    ReplyDelete
  42. The creaking of the wood...inside and out...as the central unit hums along.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I always, regardless of where I am, sleep with "white noise"... a fan, light music, something to cover the noises...

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ok... well, I REALLY wanna meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  45. gosh Chuck..Im shocked..surprised to know this..hard to live with Im sure

    ReplyDelete
  46. laughs..we will...bring your friends I dont mind

    ReplyDelete
  47. Ceiling fan and TV turned down low for me...and as of late...a corner light on.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I tend to meet new ones wherever I go...

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have white noise too..two black dogs snoring next to me

    ReplyDelete
  50. I sleep with a salt lamp, amethyst, and rose quartz on my headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  51. well blondie and I want to have a visit now..dont we??

    ReplyDelete
  52. for any special reason..?

    ReplyDelete
  53. i hear all that everything mentions...but i dont know...its never bothered me....the other night , we had a power cut...and i just couldn't sleep...and i didnt want to bother putting on a candle...so i grabbed my cell...it was around 11 at night...and i went outside to sit in the garden...or walk in my lane...it didnt bother me one bit..

    but one night...as i switched off the kitchen light...and walked through the dining room...towards the bedroom...the door got stuck...it just wouldnt open ...and i had already switched off the light....i remember feeling such panic sweep over me...

    ReplyDelete
  54. :D I'd be fine with that...

    And yes... salt lamp ionizes the air... cleans it.

    Amethyst assist in dreams and sleep overall.

    Rose quartz... is for love, and health.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Yeah, who knew... I'm a new age freaking hippy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  56. i wont hold it agaisnt you

    ReplyDelete
  57. I don't have issues in the dark. I know what's there. It's not the dark that bothers me as more often than not, it's what I CAN see, rather than what I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Listen guys and gals i love you all..but Im off to bed.. to sleep..lol

    night night xxx

    ReplyDelete
  59. is it ever gory?? you know..

    ReplyDelete
  60. Night Heather...love you too

    ReplyDelete
  61. I should head there too... I didn't intend this to be a long discussion... not that i minded... it's not often I bring this up, and discuss openly... it's not always taken... seriously.

    And yes... gory... it's not all pretty people.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Good night Heather!! Love ya!!

    And Lee Lee... LT3, always...

    And sweet Mannu... it's all about you. :D Hugs and loves and stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Night Duckster...LT3 Always

    ReplyDelete
  64. i really really really want to send you something called " hanuman chalisa " and if you can learn how to chant it , if you read it everyday....i know you are a christian and this is a hindu thing...but i felt i could tell you....its a small book....according to old verses....there's a line in that , that says....

    " bhoot pishaach nikat nahi aave, mahabir jab naam sunave "

    which means if you chant these few lines..it wont let any ghosts come near you

    also the famous gayatri mantra is known world wide to be chanted to keep away bad spirits and energies...it goes

    OM BHOOR BHUWAH SWAHA,
    TAT SAVITUR VARENYAM
    BHARGO DEVASAYA DHEEMAHI
    DHIYO YO NAHA PRACHODAYAT.

    its something i recite automatically when i am scared .....

    ReplyDelete
  65. and with that i am heading for a shower...

    ciao all....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  66. I use chakra stones, and play with gemstones for healing, and health... I use any means necessary. :D

    ReplyDelete
  67. Thank you for leaving this open, I enjoyed reading it and understand you better now.

    Many things that are experienced aren't on the physical level, I have that many times with some of my severe chronic psych patients.

    I'm not saying you are crazy, I'm saying that I understand when my people tell me about those types of things. It's on a whole different level.

    ReplyDelete
  68. It's ok. I'm crazy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  69. No you are not!! I see crazy every day.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Dang Duckie, you wrote that? You're quite a poet. And a very good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Wow. I just read the comments. I bet Savannah was a really hard place for you to be. This city has such a history and so much gets covered over here. I bet there are lots of ghosts everywhere you turn here.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Yeah, I wrote that. It was simply an explanation of why I burn sage regularly, which I suggested for Lee Lee...

    ReplyDelete
  73. Overall, not really. The place was "busy", but no more so than old civil war battlegrounds in Ohio or anywhere else on the east coast. It was mostly the concentrated misery in the Revolutionary (I think that's what it was called) Cemetery that caught me off guard.

    This was where it happened:

    ReplyDelete
  74. Ah, ok. Yeah, there are a lot of old battlegrounds up that way too. I forgot because I haven't been there in years except for out brief trip through in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  75. This has been such an interesting read Duckie, right through all the comments. Your home would be an interesting place to visit. Have these beasties moved with you in all the homes you've lived in since the car hit, or are they different in each one?

    ReplyDelete
  76. They're different in each one.

    ReplyDelete