Yes, it's Electric Jesus. It's Easter, Spring... time for renewal and resurrection. Time for redemption and forgiveness. I have no idea where I'm going with this, but for some reason He seemed to be a fitting figure for the top of this blog.
I think I'm writing this 'cause I haven't written anything of late, and I'm being forgotten. So, yes... I'm writing out of vanity, and ego... cause I want you to notice I'm still here. You, my friends, my long-time life-lines of sanity and humor. I need you to remember I still wander these pages, still think of every one of you... those I've met, and those I'd love to still meet one day. I think of those I've wronged, or with whom a relationship may have gone off track, only to have them back... working out the kinks as we go.
There have been a lot of changes over the years here... we've lost some great friends, as a community we've suffered the losses. Those losses were uncontrollable. We should never have to suffer from a loss of friendships that can be prevented. Forgiveness for slights done, or perceived to have been done is hard to give, but in many cases needed in order for healing, and future growth. I truly appreciate the forgiveness that has been shown by my friends everywhere...
I've recently gotten a friend back... one that I do truly love, and cherish. That love was taken for granted by me, either in fact, or perceived... it doesn't matter. I missed her dearly, but was too stubborn to reach out and ask for forgiveness, or to offer it in return. Luckily SHE was the bigger person and offered her hand in friendship and forgiveness (which goes both ways). I'm thankful to have you back (you know who you are. And you know what? I never stopped making my blogs bigger, thinking of you every time I make them so).
I guess this is a blog about renewal and resurrection. Who knew? (I kinda miss this writing thing... silly me. Should do it more. With PICTURES.)

Yes, yes... with pictures! What a beautiful blog this is. I told you before that I loved that photo, and I still do. What a perfect title for the photo as well. Jesus really can electrify us, if we choose to let him. So, so many changes, so much loss, but also bonds strengthened, and re-strengthened. Definitely something to rejoice.
ReplyDeleteHugsssssssssss !
I'm glad to see you blog again! And yes, you should do it more! (So should I...)
ReplyDeleteuh huh...
ReplyDeleteDuckie, that photo is beautiful, and so are your words - and they are wise as well. And I'm so glad you got your friend back! :)
ReplyDeleteI see you lurking around..I know you are here, but yes its great to see your blogs!!!
ReplyDeleteawwwwwww I can't tell you how happy I am to see this post and know the reason behind it and just how much it makes me smile! Loves and hugs to you! And don't worry...You'll never be forgotten! Hugsssssssssssss
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Duckie. I like the idea of you writing more, with or without pics (although with is better). I'm glad you got your friend back. I had an instance like that irl.... and she is my closest friend today.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the saying?? Easy to forgive hard to forget.....well unless the parties involved are too stubborn for their own good!:P
ReplyDeleteAnyway this blog made my heart smile when I read it and I am sooo happy to see forgiveness...
Hugs and stuff!
You two being friends again makes me very happy. And this blog makes me smile. I tend to get silent sometimes too, and just throw up a light note when I know I should blog. Good to see you getting it out there.
ReplyDeleteI think you're right....we all get silent sometimes...
ReplyDeletebut why does there have to be rules about blogging?? Why can we not just be silent and enjoy the silence?
If there're rules... I've broken all of 'em.
ReplyDelete