Monday, December 12, 2011

This Little Light

Saturday, Linda, the kids and I went on a tour of 8 historic churches in downtown Lancaster. In one lil church was a bluegrass gospel group called Prospect Hill. They were quite entertaining (for bluegrass... :D).

This isn't them, but it works for the shot.

As for the shot, I was playing around, trying to catch some elements of the church... and taking pics of the lit candles. It turned out ok, I think.





29 comments:

  1. Thanks... it's a bit blurry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My camera is about to bite it... really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're playing my song!!! I love the photo....where are your words for GTP?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about a GTP, but then... mebbe later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo is awesome good....and I'm going to play that song until I fall asleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that song put me to sleep during the first round of play...

    ReplyDelete
  7. laughing....you listened all the way through?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, not on this one, no. In the church, yes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful shot... is this what you were trying to post yesterday that got eaten?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes... gobbled right up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you went back and prepared a second course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks. :D

    I've got more, but in looking through them, I'm just not happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that sounds like ALL of my shots lately...

    ReplyDelete
  14. A cute blog...and thanks for letting your light shine in our corner, sweetie! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. duck this is a week of double plays..lol...anyways you and bluegrass now there is a concept..love the shot..and the harmonies in this are great

    ReplyDelete
  16. Duckie this is pure bliss. I am glad you tried again

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Rita dear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The blur makes it atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted the candlesticks to be sharply focused. One other issue may have been that I wasn't allowed a tripod or monopod.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I seen this picture and I thought...I hope someone lights a candle for me some day....

    I'm glad you took the time to repost this

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think there is a sense of serenity and peace in this shot. It's simple and "clutter-free"- BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I stopped by this post before when I was on my phone and meant to come back and comment when I wasn't on my phone! THe picture is magnificent! I love the song! Of course I will now be singing it all day and blame you :P

    You really should have done a GTP with this one! hugssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like somebody is fully in the holiday spirit.

    ReplyDelete