Friday, September 30, 2011

Picture Perfect - ______ & ______

Our lovely host this week is Cherie. She has left it open to our own creativity to fill in the blanks.

I went with a shot I took in Washington, DC at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

I give you:

War & Peace
In silence they walk
In honor to the fallen
To the Unknown Soldiers
Who have answered the calling.




To play along, or view more entries, please go HERE.

27 comments:

  1. awesome shot. I love watching this ceremony when I go to Arlington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I absolutely loved being able to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so moving Duckie...thanks for using this one as your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you played Duckie.
    This is absolutely awesome.
    This must really be something to see.
    Almost brings tears to one's eyes.
    http://cruizin57.multiply.com/journal/item/296/PP_favorite_pairing_fill_in_the_blanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey....what happened to my comment!!! I love this...

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry... I reposted once I was able to get on my puter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful shot Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Duck you really did great on this one!

    Empress S's PP ___&___"

    ReplyDelete
  9. A solemn reminder! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. a great book..and having been there many times it always hits me like a ton of bricks..excellent work here duckster
    Gators Entry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duckie, this is just gorgeous, and very touching. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the original shot when you took it and really love what you've done to it....Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been there. Somber place, that. Great shot, love the flag you added.

    http://laniebg.multiply.com/journal/item/1785/Picture_Perfect_and_

    ReplyDelete
  14. Answered a calling ...wow......*(*@*@*)*~~~~~~................q
    http://quarksire.multiply.com/journal/item/263/Patch_and_LuLu

    ReplyDelete