Sunday, September 25, 2011

GTP - Haunting Nights



A Shimmer in the Night


A movement in the distance
Shadows in the corner of the eye
You see them
But they aren’t there

They come to you from beyond
Slipping through the night
Calling to you in silence
Whispers in the dark

You reach out for them
They shy from your touch
Recoiling in fear
Your intent to them is unclear

You only have questions
Why are they here
Why do they linger
When the door is so near

It stands just out of sight
A shimmering passage
An end to the wandering
The doorway to salvation

They have always been close
Since that fateful day
When you came close to joining them
On their nightly foray

They only seem to watch
Few will come close
Their whispering is like the wind
They know you can see

Few will understand
What you can see
So you tell no one
Their journeys are safe with you


Evanescence - "Haunted"


Long lost words whisper slowly to me
Still can't find what keeps me here
When all this time I've been so hollow inside
I know you're still there

Watching me, wanting me
I can feel you pull me down
Fearing you, loving you
I won't let you pull me down

Hunting you, I can smell you - alive
Your heart pounding in my head

Watching me, wanting me
I can feel you pull me down
Saving me, raping me, watching me

Watching me, wanting me
I can feel you pull me down
Fearing you... loving you
I won't let you pull me down

22 comments:

  1. FTC! This is very spooky. Perfect so close to Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. duckie you are doing your best to goad me back into this arent you....and by best i mean some of your best writing..the song coupled with a spooky (to some) shot...def right out of the park guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gator Dude... do you recognize the cemetary? You should... it's the one in Savannah you took us all to one night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dang..i didnt..it is colonial cemetery

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really miss GTP...thank you for the reminder of what I love so about it....the combining of amazing creativity and raw talent we have here along with great old favorite tunes or introduction to future favorites....this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. see this is what a good gtp should be

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love old cemeteries...very timely, it's that haunted time of year!
    excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D Thanks Gator Dude...

    ReplyDelete
  9. and thank you duckster pax aquatica

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they're lovely... I have a hard time in some though.

    I love the stories they hold in each marker.

    And I love this time of year... coming up on fall gets me in the mood for haunting and spooky. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. and of course if you like drop a link so others can see a good one

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only visit in the daytime...just call me chicken

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great Duckie! I love, love, love the pic and your poem, and Evanescence is always a good choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damnnnnnnnnnnn you're such a friggin show off .....I was just wanting to test out the tablet I was trying out and figured this could show me it all....now I'm sitting here wondering why you haven't been doing more of these...you really do have serious talent

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH this was too scary for me..had to hide my eyes from the photo and the video...
    Well done this was great Duckie..Good song for your TP and a fantastic image too.
    WHoah!! Gators Triple Play and My Photo Of The Day~ Another Combo

    ReplyDelete