Ok, I'm tired, cranky, and just ugh... 4 hours ago my sugar was 229, just tested again and it's 116! I've been doing everything right as far as diet goes, but spikes like this keep happening. It's very frustrating and quite depressing. I go to see the hot doc Monday afternoon, so we'll see what happens then.
Praying for the right answers for you!
ReplyDeleteGood news..it came back down!!
ReplyDeleteYes, it's good that it came down, but it's bad that it dropped so low, so fast. That's NOT good.
ReplyDeleteChuck.. Please believe that I am really proud of you. I am not sure I could do it.. and to be honest, the thought of acquiring diabetes scares the hell out of me. I see that you have lost weight, too. Looking good, my friend. And the smile on your face is enough for me to know that the lady in your life is treating you right. HUGS and stuff being sent your way...
ReplyDeletetrue....Dr. Should be able to tell you something!
ReplyDeleteHugs and prayers
Thank you... me too. I know it's going to be a long way off... Medication for diabetes is a hit and miss, trial and error sorta thing.
ReplyDeleteHot doc, eh? No wonder your sugar keeps spiking! Nah, JK. Hope you'll find an answer. You and my dachshund have the same problem with glucose weirdness. Good job on the diet!
ReplyDeletebut faster with someone who is paying close attention and being real! Just keep doing your thing....you'll be okay :)
ReplyDeleteoh...and....you're welcome :)
ReplyDeleteThank you... you could do it if faced with it. I was "prepared" for it. Not this soon, but prepared due to my mother having it. I'm happy in other respects, and the weight loss has been helpful, but now it's the range of change in the sugar levels and the spikes... ugh, can't have spikes.
ReplyDeleteYa know what... she IS hot, but she's still a doctor. I could do without that part. The lil white labcoat though... hmmm....
ReplyDeleteI really understand your frustration...with me, it's different...one minute I'm on meds, then I turn around and they say no you don't need them...mine doesn't spike, it cycles *sigh* just keep working on it, IF you do need meds, while it's disappointing, it's better than shots and will probably be minimal dosage. hang in there :)
ReplyDeleteI think it's odd that your having spikes...especially if your taking meds as you should, eating as you should. It's almost as though....your pancreas is trying to work...but the islets of langerhorn don't fix themselves...with type 2 diabetes they still function just do not function as they should in a person without diabetes...
ReplyDeleteI told you what I thought you should do, meaning....talk to her, explain to her exactly what is happening, ALL of your symptoms especially the tired and the spikes and she can fix it (I hope)....if not another doctor can. :P
I'm not taking any meds yet. Other than for the bp/kidney stuff.
ReplyDeletefor some reason i thought you were taking meds..
ReplyDeleteso in that case with these spikes....I'd say you might need some....just my opinion and i'm far from doctor
I was figuring it'd be meds anyway. I know the spikes aren't supposed to happen and my diet isn't controlling them well enough.
ReplyDeletewell as you know the worst thing in the world is fluctuations
ReplyDeletethe highs..are not good at all....your tired, cranky etc....but what those highs are doing to your peripheral tiny vessels is the worst of all....your vision, kidneys etc all will be affected...of course you know this...
maybe the fact that u r tired n cranky n stressed out has something to do with your sugar levels...?
ReplyDeleteumm...and i know you told me u can't walk...
ReplyDeletebut my mum was here in delhi recently for her check up with her diabetologist and a heart specialist ...she's lost a lot of weight...and she does her entire housework herself...including sweeping and swabbing everyday....BUT...THE DOC TOLD HER....maam...housework is not exercise---you are diabetic...you need to walk those legs atleast 2kms everyday....and she says....she is feeling less tired ever since she started...she is 55....
by the way....i just remembered,.,,,what happened at your boot camp...?
They are directly related. I'm cranky and tired cause they're up... they're not up cause I'm tired and cranky.
ReplyDeleteI can't walk due to an accident and really bad legs... I know exercise will help. It's something I have to force myself to do... and find time to do. (Work/Life balance thingy.)
ReplyDeleteI didn't go to the boot camp thing. It was just the gym. I need to continue going back. I've been bad and not gone back.
I would imagine the spikes are frustrating and a little scary, but I'll tell you Duckie, I've been on the meds (Metformin) for five years now and I rarely have spikes like that. It keeps things balanced although it still means watching the food and keeping up with exercise. I try to think of the meds as a security blanket to take care of things when I have those moments that I'm not so good :) and there's always the potential that you'll be able to go off them at some point if your numbers get leveled out. I remember my Dad having to do shots and that's my motivation lately to try to get back on track and get rid of this, or at least keep it under control cause I have yet to find a definitive article that says diabetes can be reversed or eliminated unless its caught really early.
ReplyDeleteI hope the hot doc gets you all fixed. It has to suck to go through the spikes.
ReplyDelete