I love food. To look at me is to see the truth in the statement. ;-)
I also love to cook food. Good food, not just tossing something on the grill and calling it a night. I love to create and learn techniques... I love to experiment with different flavors, and I seem to have a palate for this. I am far from professional, or even a home chef caliber, but the passion and love of it is all there. I am learning.
Part of this learning is going to food shows. It's not all about the stars you will see there (and you will see them), but also about seeing what's new in the industry, or seeing equipment from now old friends.
I love going up to the Ergo Chef guys like I've known them for years, and with a demeanor that THEY should know that I've bought their knives, or "like" them on Facebook... I'm a fan, dammit!! Acknowledge me!
I love going to places where I am not the only one expressing this passion of food, and food related products. My friend Jo, we've gone to the last two together, is one who loves it too. We oogle and drool over the Vitamix, and the knives (ok, that's just me). There are others there with a passion that may just exceed mine...
I give you Cupcake Lady, or upon closer inspection... Cupcake LAD! That's a passion for... cupcakes. ;-)
Even Mrs. Claus has a passion for food... and, well...
... as she put it, "Don't tell Mr. Claus about the vodka in the cup... All those kids, ya know!"
The artistry presented was amazing! Such wonderful talents and creative minds live in this world of food. I am impressed...
Yeah, it's Ohio State, but we ARE in Ohio afterall... :( (Look, they are projecting that they will beat Michigan this weekend...)
There were actual cupcakes there too... and they were yummy! (I had to have one!!) One was peanut butter chocolate, and the other was pumpkin spice with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. Mmmmm...
And yes, there were stars there too... :D
And Guy Fieri making a lil drink. :D
It was a wonderful time, and a day packed full of fun, passion, and excitement. Can't wait until next year!








Looks awesome fun mate. Happy Thanksgiving;)
ReplyDeleteThank you Baz! Just getting up and about to get ready for the day. (Still sick, but can't disappoint.)
ReplyDeleteI am a big fan of passion in the kitchen, lol..... I love to hear about these fairs, you may inspire me to go one of them too!
ReplyDelete